Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So we went on vacation....

While on vacation, we borrowed a couple of teens from a friend to cat-sit and keep the garden watered.  They did a great job!!!  I was oh so happy to see all of my plants were still thriving when we got home!
Now, that said, no one is as good in MY garden as I am.  So while they did fantastic, I still had some work to do.  Some of the plants got dry and/or sun baked (it was 90-100 degrees here while we were away).  The squash seemed to suffer the most.  But in all honesty, I think I underestimated the container space needed!  I made the mistake of putting 2 squash in one container... I'll have to stay on top of watering and fertilizer from here on.  I also did some re-arranging of the containers to better accommodate those that seemed to get too much sun.
My pepper plants all did FANTASTIC!  They love the heat, though, so I'm not terribly surprised there.  They also have plenty of room in each container.  Yummy!  My husband grilled up the first pepper of the season for his hamburger just a few short days after we got home from vacation.
And, I have to mention that my cats all very much appreciated the company while we were away.  I have one cat that usually gets serious attitude when leave for the weekend, so being that this trip (see that blog here) was for over a week, we really appreciated the help of Kayli and Hanah in keeping them happy. THANK YOU, Ladies!!!

Happy Gardening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment